Sofie Shiyun Fu

Welcome to my blog, where my family and friends can see what I'm up to in Japan! I'm almost 2 and a half, and I've spent the last few months preparing for being a big sister. My baby sister, Sasha, has finally arrived, and we're having a good time together. I love to sing to her, and stroke her hands and feet - AND help Mommy give her a bath. I have a "Big Sis Kit" that I carry around with me for all of my duties!

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Omochi Pounding





This week, I've been learning the art of omochi (a.k.a., mochi) pounding! The product is yummy omochi that we make into little balls and gobble up as snack. We first made little bits in our classroom with a wooden bowl and little mallet, just to get a taste. Then a REAL mochi master came to school and showed us how real omochi pounding is done, complete with a hollow stump and huge mallet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home